Diabetes is caused by not making enough insulin in the body. This happens due to genetics, aging, and obesity.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated every year on 14 November to make people aware of this disease. Experts say that diabetes is a lifestyle disease. In India, this disease is taking the form of an epidemic. Diabetes occurs due to many reasons. In such a situation, the methods of protecting it are also different.
The cases of diabetes are increasing very fast in the country. According to some reports, India is included in the list of top 10 countries in the world in terms of type-2 diabetes. After cancer and heart disease, it is the fastest-growing after diabetes. A total of 8.7% of people in the age group of 20 to 70 years in the country are suffering from diabetes and this number is increasing rapidly.
People Ignore These Initial Symptoms
Doctors say that most people ignore the early symptoms of diabetes. This happens because of the shortage of information about this disease among people. Most people are unaware of what diabetes is. That’s why World Diabetes Day is celebrated to raise awareness. This year’s theme is ‘Access to Diabetes Education’.
Diabetes Is The Silent Killer!
Diabetes is not a fatal disease but it has always been considered a ‘silent killer’. Because of this, there is a fear of developing many more diseases in the body. Sometimes this disease happens to people and they don’t even know. In such a situation, it is necessary to get people aware of the early symptoms of diabetes. Diabetes can lead to diseases like blindness, renal failure, heart attack, and stroke.
These Are The Symptoms Of Diabetes
- Frequently feeling thirsty
- Sudden Weight loss
- High appetite
- Excessive urination
There Are Two Types Of Diabetes
Type-1 and Type-2,
Type-1 diabetes is the one that we have genetically. That is when someone’s mother-father or grandmother-grandfather has had a sugar disease in someone’s family, then the possibility of this disease in such a person increases most of the time.
If a person has diabetes due to hereditary reasons, then it is called Type-1 diabetes. While in some people, due to wrong lifestyle and food habits, this condition is called TYPE-2 diabetes.
- If any patient has only a sugar problem, then there is a difference in his treatment rather than the treatment of those people who have diabetes.
- Once you have diabetes, you can only control it, you can’t get rid of it. That’s why it is better to be as alert as possible before getting this disease.
- While treating Diabetes Type-1, the patient has to be given insulin from time to time. Because in this condition insulin is not produced in the body at all.
- Diabetes Type-1 disease is hereditary, so efforts are made to control it with lifestyle changes.
- On the other hand, in diabetes Type-2, insulin dose is given only when needed. Otherwise, treatment is done with drugs that stimulate the pancreas to increase insulin production.
- Along with this, emphasis is laid on adopting the right lifestyle. To reduce stress, the help of physical activities and meditation are taken.