Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia. It is a progressive brain disease that results in loss of memory and thinking skills. It destroys the brain cells which causes memory loss, memory changes, erratic behavior, and loss of body functions. This disease usually starts slowly but gets worse with time. One of the most common early symptoms of Alzheimer’s is difficulty in remembering recent events. Alzheimer’s patient forgets the name of the people like longtime friend, address, and even the name of the roads and other things.
Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Changes in mood
- Forgetting the recent information
- Challenges in solving problems
- Difficulty in completing familiar tasks at home or work
- Confusion with time or place
- Difficulty in reading, judging distance, and recognizing color
- Losing the track of date and time
- Misplacing the things
- Withdrawal from social and leisure activities
- Tips to Prevent Alzheimer
- Writing for pleasure
- Playing musical instruments
- Taking part in adult education courses
- Playing indoor games such as crosswords, puzzles, scrabble, and chess
- Group sports, such as bowling
Why Do We Celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day
We celebrate this day to bring attention to those in their community that is affected by Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. The main aim is to raise awareness among people of this disease so that it made easy for the patient to tackle the disease.
World Alzheimer’s day 2022 Theme
The theme for World Alzheimer’s month 2022 is “know dementia, know Alzheimer’s”. The theme is the same as 2021. However, this year we are giving special focus on post-diagnosis support.