There comes a time in all of our lives when we are fighting a battle with ourselves. A lot is going on inside, but they don’t dare to say anything to anyone. At that time it feels as if everything is over. After a point of time, the person becomes so distressed that he is compelled to hurt or cut himself to get out of his pain. At least for a while, but it brings him relief. In such a situation, it is important to understand that, if someone is hurting or cutting himself, it does not mean that he wants to kill himself or commit suicide.
The most common ways to injure yourself include the following:
- Cutting or scratching the skin
- Banging head on the wall
- Hit oneself with something
- Throwing or hitting things
- Body hitting the wall
- Stick things on the body
- Burn yourself non-healing wounds
- Consuming toxic substances
There are many other ways to hurt yourself, including speeding, excessive alcohol consumption, drug use, or unprotected sex. The person uses every method of self-injury that he knows of.
When does a person harm himself?
- When a person is filled with sadness, self-loathing, loneliness, anger, and self-reproach.
- Can’t get rid of anger
- Experience pressure
- To punish yourself
- Trying to feel something when you can’t feel anything
Family pressure for good marks, someone constantly bullying, recent heartbreak, bad behavior at home, the bad environment at home, all the time family members pressurizing one thing or the other, Someone is sexually harassing, someone close has died, unintentionally made a big mistake or is very angry, etc. any number of reasons can compel us to do this.
You need to know that you are not alone. There are many such means available, with the help of which you can come out of your pain. No matter how great the pain is, hurting or cutting yourself is not going to do you any good. No matter how dirty, lonely, upset, or stressed you may be feeling, there is a solution to every problem. In this case, keep the following things in mind:
1. Seek help from a loved one: If you are having thoughts of harming yourself, then seek help from a loved one. Although talking to anyone can be extremely difficult and risky, it is important to talk. Talk to someone you trust and won’t gossip with others. Talking eases the mind and drives away thoughts of hurting oneself.
2. Take the help of a professional: If you don’t want to talk to yourself, you can take the help of a professional. Contact a good therapist and talk your heart out to him. The therapist will help you deal with these problems.
3. Other ways: When something bothers you too much and you think about harming yourself, try these things:
- Draw or watch a good movie.
- Switch to writing.
- Express your feelings on the pages and then tear or burn those pages.
- Do what makes you happy
- Punch the pillow or cushion.
- Hit the stress ball.
- Do yoga and meditation.