The United Nations Foundation and New York’s 92nd Street Y collaborated to create the National Day of Giving in 2012. Two months before the first Giving Tuesday, which took place on November 27, the holiday was initially announced in September 2012. Mashable, a technology website, made the announcement.
The main goal of the National Day of Giving is to encourage individuals, families, schools, businesses, and other organizations to give to the less fortunate.
How to celebrate the National Day of Giving?
National Day of Giving can be celebrated in many ways. These include:
- Participating in National Day of Giving campaigns.
- Donate toys for children in orphanages.
- Spread the word about the National Day of Giving and its purpose through social media and other channels.
- Giving is a human behavior that predates human civilization.
- The month of December is considered the Month of Giving in the US.