International Day against slavery 2020: The international day for the abolition of slavery is observed every year on December 2, all over the world since 1986. The focus of this day is to raise awareness about slavery and put an end to all kinds of slavery existing in the present-day world such as trafficking in persons, sexual exploitation, the worst forms of child labor, forced marriage, and the forced recruitment of children for use in armed conflict.
- “Death is natural to a man, but slavery unnatural; and the moment you strip a man of his liberty you strip him of all his virtues: you convert his heart into a dark hole, in which all the vices conspire against you.” -Edmund Burke
- “There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his.” -Helen Keller
- “Slavery is theft — the theft of a life, theft of work, theft of any property or produce, theft even of the children a slave might have borne.” -Kevin Bales
- “Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Free labor has the inspiration of hope; pure slavery has no hope.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave.” -Frederick Douglass
- “Willingly no one chooses the yoke of slavery. ” -Aeschylus