Bollywood choreographer Dharmesh Yelande is celebrating his 38th birthday today. Dharmesh first appeared as a contestant on the TV dance reality show ‘Dance India Dance. Now, he’s a famous and versatile choreographer, and Bollywood actor today. But reaching this level was not easy for him. Before turning into a full-time choreographer, he used to worked as a peon and even sold vada pav.
Let us know some more unknown facts about the well-known choreographer Dharmesh Yelande:
- Dharmesh had told in an interview that ‘he has struggled to become a dancer for 18 years, but ‘Dance India Dance’ changed his life completely. This gave him a platform to enter the industry. Soon he became a Bollywood choreographer and now he judges ‘Dance Plus’.
- Dharmesh had told during interviews many times that his journey from being a contestant to becoming a judge has been amazing. Dharmesh said that ‘Because he was more active in dance than studies, he has to also run a stall named Misal Pav. Before starting his stall, he was working as a peon.
- Dharmesh had said that he left the job as a peon because he used to leave at 9 pm and his dance classes used to start at 6 pm.
- Dharmesh has worked in ‘ABCD: AnyBody Can Dance’ and ‘ABCD 2’. Dharmesh has also choreographed for big stars like Akshay Kumar in films like Tees Maar Khan.
- Dharmesh’s entry in the reality show Dance India Dance was so strong that its video is still seen on YouTube. Before Dharmesh, three of his students had been selected for this reality show and he had mentioned Dharmesh’s name on stage.
- The situation was such that Geeta Maa, Terence Lewis, and Remo D’Souza had remembered Dharmesh’s name even before Dharmesh’s entry and on the choreographer’s entry, he said that now don’t say that you are also Dharmesh sir’s student.
- In response, Dharmesh said that he is Dharmesh. He told that Mitu, Neetu, and Taran are his students. Hearing this from the choreographer, Judges Remo D’Souza, Geeta Maa, and Terence Lewis could not believe their ears and they had confirmed this many times.